Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hump Day Hook 2/6

This is a blog hop where participants share one paragraph from a WIP or finished book. For the entire list of participants click on this link. My paragraph is from my soon to be released novella, Valkyrie Slumbering:

“Let me buy ye lunch then,” Grím suggests as he grasps my hand, slowing down my pace. His hand encases mine completely. My first instinct is to yank away and be free of him, but I stop at the last moment. His grip is light, and though his hand is rough, callused from wielding a sword, it is gentle. In its own way, that is just as scintillating as his probing tongue was a moment ago.

I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek, don't forget to check out the others! Check us out on Twitter at the #HumpDayHook hashtag. By the way, if you're a writer and you haven't participated in this hop, I highly recommend it. Humpers, if you stop by and comment or follow, I'll be sure to do the same!

25 comments:

  1. Well! Sounds like she's living the dream! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, battle hardened hands Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his hands. Enticing language too-- and title. This promising to be an intriguing story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit, his hands are one of my favorite parts. But there are so many other wonderful parts too. ;)

      Delete
  4. Eek! Why is she trying to get away from him then? I need more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! She is reluctant to give in, which makes it all the more fun.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like he's good with his hands! Nice snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snippet makes me want to know why she's avoiding him. Very nice hook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm... I love it. That is all! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! I want to know more about this probing tongue...and why she wants to avoid him. Great hook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder why her first seaction is to try and avoid him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great hook. I just have to know more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, fierce yet gentle. I love the combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great comparison between his hold and his kiss - fierce and gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonder why she wants to yank away. I, too, like the fierce and gentle comparison. good hook. :) C.

    ReplyDelete