Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: Bloodstorm by Amber Kallyn

At the time I read this it was free on B&N and Amazon. I downloaded it because I was interested in Amber's work and wanted to see if her books would appeal to me. As far as free reads go, this one blew me away. It is not what I've come to expect in a free read, and I mean that in a very good way.

Bloodstorm had just the right mixture of action and character building to make it an enjoyable novel. Though the attraction was instant (which in reality is often the case so that didn't bother me at all) the romance took its time to build and develop. There were times I wanted to slap the two main characters and tell them to get together already, but then that's a great sign that the author has done their job of building the right amount of tension. I loved the mixture of vampire, werewolves, and a touch of native mythology.

There was only one sex scene, which is a bit light for a 190 page novel, as far as erotica goes, but perfect for a romance novel I suppose. However, it was a great scene that was well worth the wait. One thing that bugs me as a reader, even after finishing, I have no idea what the title (the first word that is) has to do with the book. But, as an author, I completely understand how hard titles can be. I would recommend this for those who enjoy paranormal, romance, and erotica.

Contains one explicit m/f sex scene.
Amazon / B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment